Department of Political Science
The Department of Political Science at Mercer University offers a wide range of courses in American government and politics, comparative government and politics, as well as international politics and political theory.
The curriculum of the department provides:
- Academic training in the theoretical, empirical, philosophical aspects of the discipline.
- An environment in which students can develop basic skills in analysis, critical thinking, writing, and research.
- The background and competence needed to pursue advanced degrees in political science, law or related disciplines.
- A broad liberal education in politics, law and government for all students.
- Two majors: Political Science and Law and Public Policy